A break in the family...

Over this past weekend Kyla was running around in the living room playing with Keaghan when she fell and started crying. Jack ran in the room to see what was going on and she said her arm was hurting. I was nursing Kamden in the bedroom and Jack was getting ready for work so we we're not in there to see what happened but we still tried to evaluate her arm and make sure it was not broken. Her arm wasn't red and it wasn't swollen so we thought maybe she just bruised it. We continued to keep and eye on it over the weekend and it didn't get worse but it didn't get better either. She was able to move it around but she said it hurt when she moved it so we decided to take her to the Dr. this morning (Monday).


Her Dr. though she had Nursemaid's elbow: An injury to the ligaments in the elbow. So he maneuvered her elbow around and said that should fix the problem but he still wanted to send her for an x-ray just to be sure. So we took her to the radiologist office and discovered that she had a greenstick fracture: A partial bone fracture, usually occurring in children, in which the bone is bent but only broken on one side.


We then took her back to her Pediatrician's office and they put her arm in an ace bandage and then a sling. They referred her to a Children's hospital about an hour and a half away and we have an appointment tomorrow morning. I was able to get a few pictures of her with her sling. Kyla said she is excited about tomorrow because she will get to pick her own color for the cast. Here I am upset over the whole thing and she is excited about picking colors. Go figure!! I guess that's what happens when you're the mom...you worry.
Kyla and her sling.
Keaghan and Kyla.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Kyla :( I love the fact that she is all about accessorizing with her new cast! And I love that you've started a blog!!

    ReplyDelete